Its official I'm moving all my stocks to the various makers of laundry detergent, stain lifters and bleach!...at least until my son is grown up and moved out of my house that is.
I love my son with all my heart, but man boys are dirty! they're little mud magnets! Nate learned to ride a "two-wheeler" (for those who don't understand 6 yr old boy talk, that's a bicycle with no training wheels) last week. (I assume he was trying to keep busy since so much was going on) Anyway for the past two weeks, my son comes home with mud caked head to toe and I'm thinking where is all this coming from? Are you wrecking your bike? He's not all scratched up.... what on earth....
Since he's learned to ride he's on his bike CONSTANTLY, even in the dark he's out riding on the carport! So daily my poor child is having to strip to his undies (I can't say tidy whiteys since they're no longer white) on our front porch (good thing we live off the main highway) before he comes in to take a shower (and shower he must! do not pass go, do not collect $200)
In the meantime I gather his muddy clothes and to the laundry room we go HOPING all those stains come out (they do, with some elbow grease).
I've watched them (my son, my daughter and my nephew) ride, don't get me wrong he's an excellant rider (they all are) and I'm so proud of them! (but how in the world is HE getting so dirty and the rest of them not? last night I asked....
and he said...... get this.....
"What? dirt likes me!" (picture him saying that with his little shoulders scrugged and his hands our like I dont know what you're talking about... cute I know!)
I knew better than to pursue this conversation because I'd probably pee my pants before it was over. Thankfully Kirsten came to my rescue, and explained that as they ride the dirt/mud sticks to the back wheel and as the wheel goes around it slings the mud all over them .... ahhhhhh, I see! (but why is HE the only one muddy?) which leads me to believe that....
Yuppers peeps, its official..... my son IS a MUD MAGNET!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

After having two girls, I do believe all the mud and dirt in the world were waiting for my baby boy to get here. I honestly think that kid of mine can stand still and dirt would fly through the air just to be on him.
ReplyDelete