The events today really put things in perspective for me and I wanted to share somethings that I usually don't say althougth I really need to. I have been truly blessed in my life, sometimes I don't necessarily appreciate or notice how blessed I am.
I'm thankful for my kids that don't always mind and sometimes act like spoiled brats but I made them that way. I love them with all my heart. I hadn't planned to have either of them but God works in mysterious ways and gave me the opporunity to be their Mother. While everyday is a learning experience and more often that not a roller coaster ride with Nathaniel and his "meltdowns" I wouldn't trade them for the world.
I'm thankful for my parents that are just as demanding of my time as my kids are but they're alive. I can see them and talk to them any time I want to. I can't imagine what I would do without either of them. I know they'll come a day that I'll lose them and considering their health right now I'm told I need to be prepared. I'm trying to make a concious effort to do spend more time and do more for them because someday they won't need me..... but I'll always need them.
I'm thankful for Mark because he knows my flaws and loves me anyway. He doesnt always see things my way, nor I his but at the end of the day we accept the others opinion and move on. He sometimes gets overly "military" and forgets that not everyone stands at attention and does what he says, but we snap back into reality pretty quick.
I'm thankful for my sibilings that sometimes get on my nerves and do things that I don't agree with but at the end of the day they're still my family. I still love them and will be there for them when they screw up and I know they'd do the same for me.
I'm thankful for Mark's family, I've been blessed to have future in-laws that I adore. They've included me from day one have welcomed me with open arms. (then again, if you know his ex-wife Hitler would have been an improvment).
I'm thankful for my friends that like Mark, know me and love me anyway.... that works both ways. We bring out the best in each other and have been there for each other through thick and thin. I wouldnt trade any of you and I hope you feel the same.
God Bless you all.... hug the ones you love and never let them go.... I'm not.
-V
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good post! I really enjoyed reading this one, girl. Keep up the good work!!!
ReplyDelete