Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Isn't is IRONIC? Nah, just plain unbelievable!

Never in my 5 years of in-home party sales have I EVER been to a party like the one that was hosted Saturday Night. If you are HOSTING a party, I'm sure you tell your guest what type of Sales Party they are attending RIGHT? If I'm invited to a party, I think I like to be told if its P*mpered Ch*f or M*ry K*y (I have to know if I need to take my checkbook or skip it altogether). I'm not the type that is going to sugarcoat anything (4+ years in the legal field will do that to ya!) so I'm not going to be one that says, "OH great! I'd love to come sounds fun" and not go or as the case of Saturday .... GO! I'm going to politely tell my would be hostess that I'm simply not interested in the products....do you all see where I'm going with this?

Ok, so I don't sell M*ry K*y or P*mpered Ch*f, I prefer to refer to it as T*pperw*re with a twist. LOL. Ok, so now we're on the same page. 17 people are in attendance and I'm thinking AWESOME! If its one thing I've learned in 5 years, lots of guest = nice profit. Boy was I ever wrong on this one. This gals livingroom was PACKED, I did my normal introduction and asked my each guest to introduce themselves. I should have known I was in for it when she didnt want to play this intro game and when she finally give her "name" it was of the G variety, which made the other 14 ladies change their "name". Ok fine, we have names, everyone now knows the other now lets proceed..... or not....... we're onto the "tasties" lots of stuff in Strawberry, Cherry and Mint flavors are being explained and passed around. This girl simply passes each item to the next guest. I notice this but at this point noone else does (that I'm aware of). We play another game (a fav of mine) I make a statment: If you've ever been caught picking your nose (example) if you have, you move one seat to the left, if you haven't you stay seated and hope the gal next to you hasnt either otherwise you have a guest on your lap. Its a really fun game and most women laugh and enjoy it. Well Ms. Prude did not, out of 22 questions she MAYBE moved times and I'm thinking WOW! ok, onto the oils and other liquid products, again she's simply passing. At this point she's caught the attention of my hostess who just so happens to be sitting next to her. My hostess says Ok, "Ms. Prude"(She didnt say prude but for the sake of privacy I'll refer to her as such) why you keep passing, you need to try that, feel how soft my arm is. Ms Prude replies, No I'm not interested that stuff, and I dont like those flavored things either, just nasty. At this point, I'm thinking Ms. Prude failed Etiquite and Manners classes because that was simply distasteful and offending to me and the hostess. My hostess replies, Ohhhhh so your holding out for the things that buzz, no problem! Ms. Prude said nothing. Onward I go! Our final game is similar to musical chairs again with a twist. I dont know how she did on this game as I had my back turned to my guest to prevent the least thought of favoritism. Then we were onto the "Stars" of our show and at this point I'm not surprised when Ms. Prude takes hold of the buzzing stars and simply passes them on. God Bless my hostess, she says, "Now gosh darn it Ms. Prude, why did you not look at that one!? to which she replies, I'm not into all these toys and things, I dont see the point. At this point, I'm feeling extremely sorry for her husband. I have never been so insulted at a party nor have I ever been so glad when one is over.

After the orders were taken and sales calculated it occured to me, noone on Ms. Prude's side of the room placed an order. Girls that were talking when they came in about this or that or how they hoped we had this or that (which we do!) ordered NOTHING and as a matter of fact they left first, my orders didnt start until Ms. Prude LEFT and then my sales were half of what the should have been.

Now don't get me wrong I understand that not everyone is not into "T*pperw*re" but gosh darn it if you aren't why bother coming to the party at all? All you are doing is making everyone else (friends or stranger) uncomfortable. You aren't helping your hostess out because she doesnt get credit for the number that attend, she gets credit for the amount SOLD!

So next time you are invited to a sales party be honest with your hostess, if you arent interested BE HONEST AND TELL HER, dont show up and "crash" her party.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Those are the best and most fun of parties! I always have a blast when I go to one. Really, though, if you're gonna be so uptight about it? Stay your butt at home! Let the others have fun! LOL

    ReplyDelete