Have you ever had one of those days where you think "I should have stayed in bed" right after getting up? I had one of those days yesterday. I woke up when my alarm went off and hear thunder in the distance. Ugh, I thought, no snooze button today have to beat the storm, must shower NOW! So to the shower my I trudged. Got out of the shower, and threw on some clothes and woke the kids up. Told Nate to quickly take a shower since he skipped his the night before which set him off (yes he obviously got up on the wrong side of the bed too.) This pretty much set the tone for the rest of the morning routine. As I'm getting ready to leave I realize Mark had let Sophie (our little dog) outside and she was chasing the car down the drive. I stopped and let her in the car so I could take her to my Mom's (next door). She was damp from the morning dew so the kids wanted nothing to do with her, I was wearing a white top so I really didnt either but I sucked it up and took her into Mom's (and got dirty in the process). Come back out to get in the car and noticed my front drivers side tire was a bit (ok a lot) low. Mental note... get air.... running late (thanks to the Dog) don't have time to do it now will do this when I drop the kids off at school. 1/2 way to school . . . storm hits . . . downpour . . . darnit! I hate driving in the rain and with a low tire. . . GREAT! Just what I need.
Get the kids to school, now must find air. Rain has let us at the school, please let me be so lucky when I get to service station. NO SUCH LUCK! I pull into the gas station (self serve) and as my luck would have it, ANOTHER DOWNPOUR! Can't necessarily hold an unbrella while inflating a tire. Ok I thought, I'll go down the street to the carwash and use the air pump there, HOPEFULLY its not raining there. WHEW! No rain! I was able to air my tire and head to work. Now I'm taking a route I normally don't take but it's ok the scenic route is ok every now and again.
I'm driving along, really dreading going in because this week has been an extremely bad one, everyone seems to have PMS and wants a punching bag, so why not call their attorney and cuss out the staff. . . . yes it really happens! I pass a local church and I notice the sign "Have you prayed about it?" and I thought, "No, I honestly haven't" so I did just that. Driving down Highway 61, I prayed, I asked God to give me direction, to let me know what he wants me to do, where he wants me to go and if he wants me to go to give me a sign and if he wants me to stay to do nothing. I was simply leaving it all to him. When I finished my conversation with God I felt as if a weight had been lifted, I felt the best I had in weeks.
I get to the office and get started with my day. I checked the office email and there it was . . . an email from "beyond.com". this email wasnt addressed to me but the contents answered everything I was asking. Could this have been the sign I was asking God to give me? I think so. This is so much more than mere coincidence. I've since thought about it and I'm going to move in the direction I feel God is leading me.
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment